Northern VA. FORMED FAMILIESRESOURCE DIRECTORY
The 2017-18 edition of the Northern Virginia Formed Families Resource Directory is now available! It includes descriptions and contact information for agencies, organizations, support groups, services, and resources of relevance to formed families.DOWNLOAD the DIRECTORY HERE!
RESOURCE WEBPAGES, by TOPIC
These webpages identify external resources on specific topics of interest to foster, kinship and adoptive families.
- Adoption Subsidy and Assistance
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and Neuro developmental Disorders
- Fostering Connections Act and Strengthening Families Act
- Dispute Resolution (between family and school)
- Kinship Families
- Mental Health
- Transition Through Middle And High School And Beyond
- Trauma and Trauma-Sensitive Schools
- Just for Youth and Young Adults
DUDE, WHERE'S MY TRANSITIONPLAN? Workbook
The guide is youth-friendly and covers many of the basics of transition preparation and planning, including:
- Transition planning as part of the IEP
- Transition services
- Goal setting
- Post-secondary education
- Health care
- Independent living options
- Managing money
- Adult rights and responsibilities
- MANY national and Virginia resources DOWNLOAD the DIRECTORY HERE!
Recordings of webinar presentations and accompanying materials.