Special Education Advocacy
Slides from Take Action: Strategies for Supporting & Advocating for our Daughters w ADHDNovember 08, 2018
Slides from 11/8/18 presentation by Catherine Adams of the ADHD Resource Group of No Va and Kelly Henderson of FFF. Girls with ADHD-Parenting for 11 8 18
Back to School: Surviving Reentry 2018 webinarSeptember 16, 2018
A Formed Families Forward webinar that covers some 504 and IDEA basics, as well as some strategies for communicating with school staff and kicking off the new school year well!
Note- Recording includes some dead space at beginning; content starts at 15 minutes in.
Spring Forward breakout “Stepping it Up: Making the Most of Special Education”
Spring Forward breakout “Stepping it Up: Making the Most of Special Education” by Kelly Henderson.
Understanding the mountain:
- Basics of early intervention (birth -age 3)
- Basics of disability access
- Basics of special education (age 3 –21)
Living with the mountain: IDEA cycle
Alternative routes to scale the mountain: Special Issues for formed families
Spring Forward 2015 Pulling It All Together panel presentationApril 11, 2015
- gain strategies for improving organization of students’ time and materials.
- learn positive approaches for communicating with school personnel generally and in IEP meetings specifically.
- identify options for addressing troubling behaviors at school and at home
- learn from and with other parents/caregivers and gather resources to use in supporting the children and youth in